Friday, September 8

Briercrest College

Hello all: my friends and my family. Well sorry for the late notice but yes I did arrive safely to Briercrest College in Caronport, SK (the middle of nowhere in case your wondering). Since here I discovered that I will not have a roomate for this year but that is a great thing for a procrastinator like myself. I am writing to tell you all that I miss you dearly but am greatful and excited for what is going to do through me here. Nothing big will happen. I am unable to do any extra curricular activities because of reasons to be explained. My proffesors here are absolutly amazing! The guys in my apt. building are crazy and so much fun so I will be kept busy and allowed to express my wild side. Anywhoo, why can't I do any activities here like say intra-mural b-ball or football, hockey, worship or choir????

Let me tell you guys something and follow it with a GI-Normous prayer request. For my field ed (which is marks based on your ministry involvment) I have chosen to commit myself to somehting that will be incredibly mentally and physically challanging. There is program here that you need to apply for. It is called Joe's Place. A guy form this school 13 yrs ago started a ministry in his own apt. where he would invite kids off the streets into his apt. This ministyr has grown into a (debt free*) HUGE (Canada's largest) youth ministry centre! There is a chosen 60-75 briercrest students that are 'accepted' into this ministry for there 'field-ed credit'. I went through orienttatin today and let me tell you not what I will be doing, but just how scary this place can be. We went through all the rules today and the 'DO NOT'S' of this place. As a guy on this team I will be involved at least on rotating shifts of being a 'doorman' (aka…bouncer) in which I will have to decide who is allowed in and who is not. Easy right? NO, I have to choose in between the grey area's not just the black and white. Lets say some guy shows up totally wasted and somewhat angry…do I let him in? no, or at least that’s what your first impression is. This place has had people come in drunk and come to Christ through just wanting someone to talk to. One man in particular was not let in by the doormen but later Joe had it in his heart by God that this man be let in. He was drunk beyond words yet they found out that just before he decided to come here and get drunk, he walked in on his girlfriend who was hanging by a rope from he roof. Now who wouldn’t get drunk after somehing like this. We are also going through some mild military training for being shown the proper way to break up a fight, because there is at least one every night. It an awesome ministry. Their bus for goin back and forth has like 3 subs and a 1000watt speaker system in it and is all graffitied up. But hey I gotta run, so please pray for me and forgive me as I may not have much time to write you all as often as I would wish. God Bless you all and I love you all so much.

Be strong in Christ and in His mighty power, always be praying!!!!

Your friend/son/brother in Christ,

No comments: