Saturday, September 2

Briercrest this fall

So heres whats going on in my life. I am headed off to Caronport, SK sunday morning for the next year for a second year of Bible college. I feel it heavy on my heart to be fully involved in youth ministry, but I am not going for a youth pastors degree, rather I am going to be @ Briercrest for the next 3 years finishing a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Ministry (ooh I always love sayin that, it sounds all smart and stuff) and with that I will be able to become a full time youth pastor and be swallowed into ministry with youth. I dont know where I will end up being a youth pastor but I dont really care, and I shouldnt becasue whereever I end up, God is going to do amazing things in people through me and that in itself sets my heart on fire with with an excitment and greater joy then the passion in and amoung itself. It will be incredibly sad to leave my friends again and more specifically now, the awesome youth I have grown to Love as my own brother and sisters here @ home. But I know in the deepest realms of my heart that this is why God is calling me to be away, and better equipping me for youth ministry, so I can answer more questions and be encouraging to anyone and everyone God places in my path. (or should I say, His path*) And its His path that I feel led to further in ministry to one day be a senior pastor of a church somewhere (but that will be when Im old and grey, transforming dirt into clay)

But whats on my heart as I write this? Well if you have read this far, its you. I love you like my own brother or sister and I pray for you as often as I can. You guys only fuel the fire that's been started in my heart for bringing Love to people. The passion inside me is growing deeper and deeper each day and I can only let God work His course, cuz you cant stop God! I want to give people a Love that they have never felt and a hope that seems unreachable. I am currently reading a book by John Ortberg entitaled "Love Beyond Reason" if you ever get the chance read this book. We hear about God's love all the time in those, what seem to be boring, sermons by an old pastor who just reads form the bible and speaks about this 'Love' that we can have. Well the book makes this Love come alive and explains it from the start of creation until now. We are all just old ragdolls in Gods eyes, ugly and worn out. We may have started all beautiful and what not, but lets face it, we've grown ugly and try so hard to restore the new look we had but it never comes. Think of how a little girl treats her favorite doll, she will have it years, other dolls will come and pass, but there is always one that sleeps with, eats with and maybe even bathes with her. We are all that ragdoll in God's eyes. We may be unlovely and ugly, but we are not unloved. We may be 'ragged', but dont EVER confuse raggedness with worthlessness. I pray that you would hear these words and hide them in you heart, that you would make yourself the apple of God's eye so that you would see yourself reflected in the gaze of your father. The one who loves you and brings you hope for eternity.

Take some time right now to reflect on what God has done for you in your lifetime. Nothing it seems, thats what we all feel like when we're down or out but let me tell you God is always giving and never stops giving just becouase we dont give back, no, He gives to pass the true test of love, which is that it gives even when there is no expectation of a return. We are called to love 2 things. Thats it, 2 commands are given to us in the bible, lets say more like 2 rules to the Christian walk with God, Love God and love others, thats it. We cannot love God if we do not love others, and we cannot love other unless we first learn to love ourselves. We sinply cannot understand the love of God unless we understand oursleves.

I know I havent really said much about Briercrest, but its just that I flet led to write this all, and I hope with all my heart that this has touched you in some way. I pray that you will feel the true love of God in your life and realize that all you need is God, He will be there when youth pastors, parents, guidence counsellers and even best friends cant. Be blessed and encouraged today.

Your brother and partner in Christ,

Jason :D

No comments: