Tuesday, February 20

2ND Semester Classes

Well heres a breakdown of my 2nd semester...

General Epistles: this class studys and examimes the general epistles from Hebrews to Revelation. The professor is horribly funny and cant go ONE class with out at least 10-15 puns! I have been very interested in the things I am learning about some of the un-known authorships and seeing thins differently than before.

Old Testament Historical Books: with Peter Mitchell as the prof, this class is one the funniest yet intriuging classes I am taking. Looking through the books of Joshua throughout Nahum has been seen in a WAY more exciting way than when I had read some of them. Mitchell is amazing at bringing the OT to modern life. I respect him highly and find it fun to learn the OT with him as prof.

Evangelism and Discipleship: the title this class has been given pretty much states its objectives. Taking a look through church history and its ways of minisrty and everything from the modernistic look to the post-modern. With practical evang and disciplship assignments along with a really "cute" somewhat kindergarden like teacher, this class is rather enjoyable and forces me to put together basic bible studies and get out there and "go and do it"

Christian Theology 2: favorite class I will have ever taken in any of my schooling history. Once again, Peter Mitchell (a man who invites JW's in his house only to have them leave speechless) tops it off. Going through basic Christology (proof of Jesus and and his death and rez) all the way to supportive arguments. I have never been in a one hour session 2wice a week that I have enjoyed more. I will leave this place (Briercrest) equipped with the knowledge needed to support my belief and know what to say when someone asks me why I am a Christian!

Basic Piano: Pretty obvious. Going through Alfred's Basic Adult Piano Vol. 1.


JOES PLACE: Well, my favorite times here in the land of living skies have been @ Joes! I have been given full authority over the DJ booth and still enjoy workin the pit and makin my rounds patrolling the block. Last week we had another fight and 20-some kids left Joes to go to Cresent Park. Fortunatly and hulariously, some cheif staff and Joe himself had started a snowball fight to break it up. "So I hear there's supposed to be a fight here tonight" Justin said as he was packing his ball of snow* I am very sad to leave this place this spring to come home and stay. But future visits are a guarentee!!!

Thats all folks...

No comments: